Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Puzzle Pieces

Monday, April 30, 2007

Puzzle Pieces

I'm back from Sophie's Run 2007.

Like last year, the event was an amazing experience. Because it was so incredible, my heart and mind are still processing the whole day, and I'm not quite ready to write about it yet. I simply don't have the words. What I can say is that it was a deeply emotional experience for both me and Brian, as well as many friends and family members. It is the one day in the year when pure joy and frightening reality collide in me, stirring up a sweet, dark mist of nameless emotions. As scared as I am spending a day taking an honest look into the strangely beautiful faces of WS, it is the one day we do not have to do it alone. Sophie's mother Heather informed us that they printed 300 race numbers for Sophie's Run participants -- and ended up giving each and every one of them out as the crowd swelled, setting a new record in the event's third year.

Because of Erik my heart is open to so many new emotions and feelings I didn't know existed, and that is a true gift. I am still gathering the memories of all of them all from Saturday, sorting through them all like pieces of a puzzle.

When it is completed, I will post it here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

For anyone it's a comforting feeling knowing that you're not alone when your in it knee deep.

With anticipation of your next post.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

When your ready i can not wait to hear all about it :)

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures and hear more about it. I thought about you all during the weekend desperately wishing I was there with you.

Glad it was a full house! LOVE YOU!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I can't wait to hear all about it. Boy, do I wish we all lived closer!!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home