Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Toilet Humor

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Toilet Humor

Toilet training has come to a screeching halt here once again. Erik's child-size toilet seat has quietly found its way into the back of the cupboard under his bathroom counter. The other night he dug it out for old time's sake and brought it into the living room. He was holding it up and had poked his face through the hole in its center, resting his chin on the splash guard. He stared at us as we lounged in the living room and seemed to be waiting for some sort of reaction.

After a moment of silence, I said, "Oh, Erik. Why don't we put that back where it belongs?"

With a hopeful tone in his voice, he replied, "Am I the letter A?"

I paused and pondered what he had just asked. In my opinion, I thought he looked more like the letter "O" with the plastic bum gasket tightly framing his adorable, fair face.

And then it came to me.

His Sesame Street DVD. The one on the alphabet starring Nicole Sullivan and Stephen Colbert.

I burst out laughing.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

That is hilarious.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hehehe......so funny!
Thanks!
xoxo

3:05 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hehehe......so funny!
Thanks!
xoxo

3:05 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

LOL!!! That is a good one! I'm glad you made the connection. Love it!

4:32 AM  
Blogger camille said...

Oh my word, that is great! What an imagination he has!! hahaha.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

lol. Avery thinks the basin is a hat. She pulls it out and tries to put it on my head. Nice association, don't ya think? Our potty training isn't making any stellar advancements either, she drags the damn potty around the house to play with. I went out and bought a new one last week (a Baby Bjorn) because it only had 2 parts. Her dad bought her this really stupid one that is supposed to play music when you wee in it, and she just thought that was awesome and kept sticking her hand between her legs to make it play. sigh.
Amy

8:51 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

HAHAHA....very funny.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have finally caught up on reading your blog! I love this last post... I can so imagine Erik doing what he did! What a character he is! I so love and miss him!!! We are counting the days till we see you all!

Hugs to you all!
Dawnita~

9:18 AM  
Blogger Fryewerk said...

He's pretty clever, reminds me of someone!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

:) Wht a sweetie :)

5:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am cracking up over here, thank you!!!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Brilliant!

It’s nothing short of a light bulb moment when a mother connects what their child’s sayings or mannerisms are with another influence.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home