Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Big Annoucement

Monday, October 13, 2008

Big Annoucement

I just removed the last of the plastic toilet lid locks from the upstairs commode. This means the end of our elderly relatives trapped in our bathrooms, pants pooled around their ankles, crying for help, and the awkward queries from desperate guests at parties. Erik finally seems to have ceased his obsession with self-inflicted swirlies.

As long as Erik continues to stim/spin, however, the toilet paper rolls will remain under spring loaded guards for likely the next decade. And I'm okay with that. Because, by now, I'm used to screaming "Lift the tab!" through closed doors. Beyond that, you're on your own around here.

This is a momentous occasion, indeed.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

congratulations. We just shut doors around here since his friend Noah has the same interest.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I remember being so excited to be able to take the door knob cover-thingys off....you know the ones that no adult can fugure out how to use, but Michaela had no problem figuring out (along with cabinet locks and gates)....suffice it to say my house was a disaster until she out grew that fun phase!

2:39 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Where do you find those locks for the TP? My TP if off its holder and it drives me crazy...awesome on the lid locks, but don't get rid of them....the swirlies may return in the teenage years, lol. My brothers used to torment me by giving my teddy bear named Fuzzy swirlies. It was so cruel!
xoxo
Amy

5:41 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Congratulations, Nancy!

Ava is the swirly queen. Thanks to your blog, I know there is hope for the future:)

7:01 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Hear Hear!!! Congrats~ :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Woohoo! I love it :) The TP problem is still an issue in my house. I love your posts - it brought a smile to my face today :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

LOL, so funny.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that I have always asked before my pants were around my ankles... now if I could just remember to ask about the thing on the tp I will be set! You just may have to yell through the door one last time,"lift the tab!!!!" LOL!!!

BIG Hugs!!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Tes said...

laughing!!! thanks!
Tes

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home