Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Coping Mechanisms

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Coping Mechanisms

Things I have done since yesterday --

1. Weighed myself and realized I have lost 21.6 pounds in two months. Hoo-RAH.

2. Gone out for beers and a gooey, cheesy bean burrito at a favorite restaurant with old friends who get me.

3. Taken a long jacuzzi bath with tangerine-scented bath salts by candlelight.

4. Accepted an invitation to go on a family outing today at the local museum with old friends.

5. Watched my son approach me this morning and say, "How are you doing?" clear as day.

It's another day. I still don't feel quite right, but I'm happy there are things to enjoy today.

This is a video I watch when I'm blue. It's from the television show Scrubs. Just try not to smile.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Noel said...

I remember this episode!! My boys LOVE this show..it is really funny!
I am glad that you got up and pulled yourself up by the boot straps!

Noel

6:36 PM  
Blogger Aspen said...

Wowza on your weight loss. That's fantastic. And to hear Daven speak those words to me...still only in my dreams. Glad today is a bit better.

9:35 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

YOU ROCK GIRL!

WHAT A BLESSING THAT YOU AND YOUR MOM HAVE SUCH AN AWESOME RELATIONSHIP!!!!

ALWAYS IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!
DAWNITA

10:13 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

I can see how the video would cheer you up.

Congrats on 21.6 pounds. Yippee!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

WAITING for words from Brady... I am psyched for you :)

Almost 22 lbs??? You rock - and still have the cheesy burrito?! You're MY girl!! Love ya~

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home