Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Bits N Pieces

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bits N Pieces

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

Me? I'm working. At least I have one BBQ to attend and got an invite up to a local lake for the day.

In Erik news: Erik asked the medical clinic staff how they were doing today. He greeted another 2-year-old boy there and followed that up with "Bye-bye" and then "See ya!" He said, "Hello, dog!" to a little terrier in the parking lot. For the grand finale when we got home, he put his yellow hardhat over his head and said, "Hello, Clarissssse" for Blake, the intern therapist at his home visit. She said, "What?" I asked her if she had ever seen Silence of the Lambs, put the hardhat over my face, and said it again. She laughed very hard and said, "Oh, I hope I never EVER forget that." She is falling deeply in love with Erik and must leave at the end of the summer back to her home in Portland. It's so much fun to watch Erik charm her.

I know I'm due to post updated photos, and I will take some at the BBQ. Erik has gotten so TALL. I know he is not supposed to, but it's happening anyway. It must be all of the cookies, cheese, and fruits he eats.

I have been a basket case lately with work and life, and today I took Erik on a quest to find lovely-smelling bath salts. I made it a requirement for today, even though I didn't have time. I bought one tub of manderin orange and one tub of almond-vanilla. They were $15 apiece, but I didn't care. The heck with it. I am taking a bath tonight. As an added bonus, my new exercise program has gone quite well. I have walked the equivalent of at least 27 miles this month thanks to my new DVDs, all without migraines. My hormones are due to take a dive in one week, and I'm anxious to see how I do. I just want to relax and not be in excruciating pain or some sort of twisted pre-pre-menopausal hell. Is that too much to ask? I'm also trying some new vitamins. So far, so good.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Ahh... sounds so nice and relaxing over there... must be the bath salts. I promise I am blogging today and updating pics too, it's been a crazy month.

I am cracking up over "Clarise" - probably even scarier sounding coming from a 2-yr-old. What other fun things have you been teaching him?? :)

3:14 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have been busy too. It seems like we are never inside anymore...I need a good diet plan of some sort....I am going to be scary Mom at the pool...I hope you have a wonderful weekend, can't wait to see how tall Erik has gotten ;)

Love Ya Lots
lisa

4:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I get migraines myself, so I totally know how you feel, and like you mine are hormone related. What kind of excercise DVD are you doing? I might have to try it out and see if they help mine.

Hope you enjoyed your relaxing bath!!

6:45 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

WOW... HOPE YOU TOOK THE TIME TO HAVE THAT LOOOOONG NEEDED BATH WITH ALL THE YUMMY THINGS YOU BOUGHT! CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN I TOOK SUCH A BATH!

BRAD AND I ARE GOING ON OUR FIRST FIELD TRIP TODAY AS PARENTS!! BRAYDEN'S SCHOOL IS GOING TO THE ZOO! WHY I SHARE ALL THIS... OF COURSE BROGAN IS COMING ALONG AND AT BREAKFAST BRAYDEN SAID HE WISHED THAT ERIK COULD COME ALONG WITH US ALL AND MEET ALL HIS SCHOOL FRIENDS AND SEE THE ANIMALS WITH HIM! DO OUR BOYS LOOOOOOVE THAT SWEET ERIK!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE SOME NEW PHOTOS OF ERIK!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND WITH BRIAN AND ERIK!

LOVE YOU LOTS!
D

7:21 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Sorry to hear that you're still workin' out life and work. It doesn't matter what's in our life too much or just enough when you add a child you never feel like you did before they came.

I started potty training yesterday. Come read about it on my mommy blog. Didn't go as well as planned.

Hope your bath was simply divine! I on the other hand from being stranded in the house all day with a peeing toddler took a soothing shower at 3:00 am this morning.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

If you have a moment, I need your vote for Top Momma. Yes, I have to ask and you'll see the shameless plea posted on Thursday.

Miscellaneous Matters

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home